Saturday, June 2, 2007

A visit to the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital for Induction

On Friday 1st of June, Hendy and I went to the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital (RPA) to begin the induction process. While there, we were introduced to our main contact within the RPA. After a brief introduction, she took us on an eye opening tour of the hospital. Most, if not, all of my work will be centered around the intensive care unit (ICU)'s information systems.

The main information system used at the RPA is somewhat old and basic. While it performs its basic duties well, there is the opportunity for vast improvements and by doing so, we envisage the new age H.I.S will enhance the information quality and delivery to patients at point of care as well as provide administrators with superior data analytics.

Near the end of the induction, we were given some reading material to ponder upon. It should be mentioned that the scope of this project is very large. While my thesis scope is still being refined, I'm finding this topic quite interesting and challenging. Hopefully, I will be posting a more detailed scope of my project as it becomes more clearer.

No comments: