- Support for user workflow - adaptive workflow for the main users of an ICU information system; i.e., clinicians, nurses, allied healthcare professionals, administrators, researchers
- Use of terminology (SNOMED-CT)
- Customisation and Interoperability - data transfer between the ICU G.H.I.M.S and a mini (basic) G.H.I.M.S for allied healthcare professionals.
- Extendability - ability for users to effectively define their own systems (and workflow) with the use of the form designer.
- Medical Record storage and retreival.
My Tasks for the next week
For the following week, I plan set up the development environment on my laptop, install Peter's code and experiment with G.H.I.M.S. (I have scheduled a meeting with Peter Budd on Friday). My specific aims is to see what is required in order to make the system (bar the WfMS) to work with CareVue or to be able to mimic CareVue. This requires investigating the paper and electronic document environment surrounding the ICU's workflow and their use with CareVue and possibly, how adaptive their workflow will need to be. I plan to post an entry on adaptive workflows soon as this area is especially useful in the ICU environment.
Draft Treatise Hand In